Skip to main content
Doctrine & Systematic Theology
Alexander, William Lindsay. A System of Biblical Theology. Edinburgh: T. & T. Clark, 1888.
Thomas, Nicolai, Franciscus Sylvius, Charles René Billuart, and Drioux. S. Thomae Aquinatis Summa Theologica. Paris: Bloud and Barral, 1880. (Latin)
Thomas. The “Summa Theologica” of St. Thomas Aquinas. London: Burns, Oates & Washburne, 1920. (English)
Calvin, John, Henry Beveridge, and Robert Pitcairn. Institutes of the Christian Religion. Edinburgh: Calvin Translation Society, 1845.
Origen, and Frederick Crombie. The Writings of Origen. Edinburgh: Clark, 1878.
Turretin, François. Institutio theologiae elencticae, in qua status controversiae perspicue exponitur, praecipua orthodoxorum argumenta proponuntur, & vindicanter, & fontes solutionum aperiuntur. Authore Francisco Turrettino in ecclesia, & academia genevensi pastore, & s. s. theologiae professore. Editio nova recognita & multis locis aucta: cui accessit Oratio de Vita & obitu authoris. S.l: s.n, 1685.
Dabney, Robert Lewis, and C. R. Vaughan. Discussions. Richmond, Va: Presbyterian Committee of Publication, 1890.
Bavinck, Herman. Gereformeerde dogmatiek. Kampen: J.H. Bos, 1895.
Watson, Thomas. A Body of Practical Divinity. London: Printed for W. Baynes, 1807.
Arminius, James.Works of James Arminius.Auburn and Buffalo, New York: Derby, Miller & Orton, 1853
Pope, William Burt. Compendium of Christian Theology.London: Wesleyan Conference Office, 1879.
Watson, Richard.Theological Institutes. New York: N. Bangs and J. Emory, 1825.
Raymond, Miner. Systematic Theology. Cincinnati: Hitchcock and Walden, 1877
Miley, John. Systematic Theology. New York: Hunt & Eaton, 1892.
Pohle, Joseph, and Arthur Preuss. Dogmatic Theology. St. Louis: B. Herder, 1911.
Shedd, William G. T. Dogmatic Theology. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1888.
Shedd, William G. T. A History of Christian Doctrine. New York: Charles Scribner, 1863.
Cunningham, William., James Buchanan, and James Bannerman. The Works of William Cunningham. Edinburgh: T. and T. Clark, 1863.
Edwards, Jonathan. Works of President Edwards, In Four Volumes with Valuable Additions and a Copious General Index, and a Complete Index of Scripture Texts. N.Y.: Robert Carter and Bros, 1868.
Hodge, Archibald Alexander. Systematic Theology. New York: Charles Scribner and Sons, 1872.
Schaff, Philip. The Creeds of Christendom: With a History and Critical Notes. New York: Harper, 1881.
Lightfoot, John, and John Rogers Pitman. The Whole Works. London: Printed by J.F. Dove, 1825.
Charnock, Stephen.The Works of the Late Rev. Stephen Charnock. London: Baynes, 1815.
Flavel, John. The Whole Works of the Rev. Mr. John Flavel: Late Minister of the Gospel at Dartmouth, Devon : to Which Is Added, an Alphabetical Table of the Principal Matters Contained in the Whole : in Six Volumes. London: W. Baynes and Son, 1820.
Thornwell, James Henley, John B. Adger, and John L. Girardeau. The Collected Writings of James Henley Thornwell, D.D., LL. D. Late Professor of Theology in the Theological Seminary at Columbia, South Carolina. Richmond: Presbyterian Committee of Publication, 1871.
The Fundamentals. A Testimony to the Truth. (A New Statement of the Fundamentals of Christianity). Chicago: Testimony Pub. Co, 1910.
- Schaff, Philip, and Samuel Macauley Jackson. Theological Propædeutic; A General Introduction to the Study of Theology, Exegetical, Historical, Systematic, and Practical, Including Encyclopaedia, Methodology, and Bibliography; a Manual for Students. 7th ed. New York: C. Scribner’s Sons, 1907.
- Bickersteth, Edward Henry. The Rock of Ages. London: Relgious Tract Society, 1871.
- Charnock, Stephen. Discourses upon the Existence and Attributes of God. London: H.G. Bohn, 1849.
- Jukes, Andrew. The Names of God in Holy Scripture. London: Longmans, Green, and Co,, 1889.
- Candlish, Robert S. The Fatherhood of God Being the First Course of the Cunningham Lectures. Edinburgh: Adam and Charles Black, 1865.
- Flavel, John. Divine Conduct; or, The Mystery of Providence. Philadelphia: Presbyterian Board of Publication, 1800.
- Stone, Nathan J. Names of God in the Old Testament. Chicago: Moody Press, 1944.
- Warfield, Benjamin Breckinridge. Counterfeit Miracles. New York: Charles Scribner’s Sons, 1918.
- Andrews, Samuel James. The Life of Our Lord upon the Earth Considered in its Historical, Chronological, and Geographical Relations. New York: Charles Scribner’s Sons, 1900.
- Athanasius. De Incarnatione Verbi Dei: Athanasius on the Incarnation. Londond: Religious Tract Society, n.d.
- Broadus, John Albert. Jesus of Nazareth: Three Lectures Before the Y.M.C.A. of Johns Hopkins University, in Levering Hall. London: R.D. Dickinson, 1890.
- Bruce, Alexander Balmain. The Humiliation of Christ: In Its Physical, Ethical, and Official Aspects. Edinburgh : T. & T. Clark, 1889.
- Bruce, Alexander Balmain. The Training of the Twelve; Or, Passages Out of the Gospels, Exhibiting the Twelve Disciples of Jesus Under Discipline for the Apostleship. Edinburgh: T. & T. Clark, 1898.
- Burton, Ernest DeWitt, and Shailer Mathews. The Life of Christ. Chicago, Ill: The University of Chicago Press, 1908.
- Dalman, Gustaf, and D. M. Kay. The Words of Jesus Considered in the Light of Post-Biblical Jewish Writings and the Aramaic Language. Edinburgh: T. & T. Clark, 1902.
- Denney, James. The Death of Christ. London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1911.
- Edersheim, Alfred. The Life and Times of Jesus the Messiah. New York: E. R. Herrick, 1896.
- Ellicott, C. J. Historical Lectures on the Life of Our Lord Jesus Christ: Being the Hulsean Lectures for the Year 1859, with Notes, Critical, Historical, and Explanatory. Boston: Gould and Lincoln, 1864.
- Fairbairn, A. M. Studies in the Life of Christ. London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1881.
- Farrar, F. W. The Life of Christ. New York: E.P. Dutton & Company, 1874.
- Farrar, F. W. The Life of Lives: Further Studies in the Life of Christ. New York: Dodd, Mead & Co, 1900.
- Farrar, F. W. The Witness of History to Christ: Five Sermons Preached Before the University of Cambridge : Being the Hulsean Lectures for the Year 1870. London: Macmillan, 1875.
- Franks, Robert Sleightholme. A History of the Doctrine of the Work of Christ: In Its Ecclesiastical Development. London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1918.
- Geikie, Cunningham. The Life and Words of Christ. New York: D. Appleton and Company, 1880.
- Glover, T. R. The Jesus of History. New York: Association Press, 1917.
- Hanna, William. Our Lord’s Life on Earth. London: Religious Tract Society, 1882.
- Hengstenberg, Ernst Wilhelm. Christology of the Old Testament: And a Commentary on the Messianic Predictions. Edinburgh: T. & T. Clark, 1864.
- Lange, John Peter. Life of Christ. Edinburgh: T. & T. Clark, 1872.
- Kennedy, John. The Resurrection of Jesus Christ an Historical Fact With an Examination of Naturalistic Hypotheses. London: Religious Tract Society, 1871.
- Liddon, H. P. The Divinity of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ: Eight Lectures Preached Before the University of Oxford in the Year 1866, on the Foundation of the Late Rev. John Bampton. London: Rivingtons, 1867.
- Mackintosh, Hugh Ross. The Doctrine of the Person of Jesus Christ. New York: C. Scribner’s Sons, 1912.
- Marsh, F. E. Why Did Christ Die? The Greatest Theme in the World. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, n.d.
- Orr, James. The Resurrection of Jesus. London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1908.
- Owen, John. Meditations and Discourses on the Glory of Christ In His Person, Office, and Grace: with the Differences between Faith and Sight. Applied Unto the Use of Them That Believe. By the Late Reverend John Owen, D.D. To Which Are Prefixed, the Author’s Life and Letters, with His Head Neatly Engraved. Edinburgh: William Gray, 1750.
- Perowne, E. H. The Godhead of Jesus Four Sermons (Being the Hulsean Lectures for 1866). Cambridge: Deighton, Bell, 1867.
- Schaff, Philip. The Person of Christ The Perfection of His Humanity Viewed As a Proof of His Divinity. London: Nisbet, 1880.
- Sparrow-Simpson, W. J. Our Lord’s Resurrection. London: Longmans, Green, 1905.
- Sparrow-Simpson, W. J. The Resurrection and Modern Thought. London: Longmans, Green, 1911.
- Stier, R., and William Burt Pope. The Words of the Lord Jesus. Edinburgh: T. & T. Clark, 1863.
- Stier, R., William Burt Pope, and R. Stier. The Words of the Risen Saviour: And Commentary on the Epistle of St. James. Edinburgh: T. & T. Clark, 1859.
- Terry, Milton Spenser. The Mediation of Jesus Christ: A Contribution to the Study of Biblical Dogmatics. New York: Eaton & Mains, 1903.
- Warfield, Benjamin Breckinridge. The Lord of Glory: A Study of the Designations of Our Lord in the New Testament, with Especial Reference to His Deity. New York: American Tract Society, 1907.
- Whyte, Alexander. The Walk, Conversation and Character of Jesus Christ Our Lord. Edinburgh: Oliphant & Co, 1905.
- Bickersteth, Edward Henry. The Spirit of Life. London: Religious Tract Society, 1869.
- Buchanan, James. The Office and Work of the Holy Spirit. Edinburgh: John Johnstone, 1842.
- Chafer, Lewis Sperry. He That Is Spiritual. Philadelphia: Sunday School Times Co, 1919.
- Kuyper, Abraham, and Henri De Vries. The Work of the Holy Spirit. New York: Funk & Wagnalls, 1900.
- Marsh, F. E. Emblems of the Holy Spirit. London: John F. Shaw, 1884.
- Moule, H. C. G. Veni Creator: Thoughts on the Person and Work of the Holy Spirit of Promise. London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1906.
- Murray, Andrew. The Spirit of Christ: Thoughts on the Indwelling of the Holy Spirit in the Believer and the Church. New York: Anson D.F. Randolph & Co, 1888.
- Owen, John, and George Burder. A Discourse Concerning the Holy Spirit. Philadelphia: Presbyterian Board of Publication, 1841.
- Ridout, Samuel. The Person and Work of the Holy Spirit. Neptune, N.J.: Loizeaux Bros, 1899.
- Marsh, F. E. Emblems of the Holy Spirit. London: John F. Shaw, 1884.
- Smeaton, George. The Doctrine of the Holy Spirit: The Ninth Series of the Cunningham Lectures. Edinburgh: T. & T. Clark, 1882.
- Swete, Henry Barclay. The Holy Spirit in the Ancient Church: A Study of Christian Teaching in the Age of the Fathers. London: Macmillan, 1912.
- Swete, Henry Barclay. The Holy Spirit in the New Testament: A Study of Primitive Christian Teaching. London: Macmillan, 1910.
- Thomas, W. H. Griffith. The Holy Spirit of God. London: Longmans, Green, and Co, 1913.
- Torrey, R. A. The Holy Spirit: Who He Is and What He Does, and How to Know Him in All the Fulness of His Gracious and Glorious Ministry. Old Tappan, NJ: Fleming H. Revell, 1927.
- Torrey, R. A. The Baptism with the Spirit. Old Tappan, New Jersey: Fleming H. Revell, 1895.
- Brown, Alexander. The Doctrine of Sin. London: Hamilton, Adams, & Co, 1881.
- Candlish, James S. The Biblical Doctrine of Sin. Edinburgh: T. & T. Clark, 1893.
- Tulloch, John. The Christian Doctrine of Sin. New York: Scribner, Armstrong, 1876.
- Müller, Julius, and W. Urwick. The Christian Doctrine of Sin. Edinburgh: T. & T. Clark, 1885.
- Buchanan, James. The Doctrine of Justification: An Outline of Its History in the Church. Edinburgh: T. & T. Clark, 1867.
- Chafer, Lewis Sperry. Grace. Philadelphia, Pa: Sunday School Times Co, 1922.
- Chafer, Lewis Sperry. Salvation. Philadelphia, Pa: Sunday School Times Co, 1922.
- Crawford, Thomas Jackson. The Doctrine of Holy Scripture Respecting the Atonement. Edinburgh: W. Blackwood and Sons, 1871.
- Dale, R. W. The Atonement: The Congregational Union Lecture for 1875. London: Congregational Union of England and Wales, 1902.
- Hodge, Archibald Alexander. The Atonement. Philadelphia: Presbyterian Board of Publication, 1867.
- Owen, John. The Death of Death in the Death of Christ. Carlisle, Pennsylvania: Printed by George Kline, 1792.
- Smeaton, George. The Doctrine of the Atonement, As Taught by Christ Himself, or, The Sayings of Jesus on the Atonement Exegetically Expounded and Classified. Edinburgh: Clark, 1868.
- Smeaton, George. The Doctrine of the Atonement: As Taught by the Apostles. Edinburgh: T. & . T. Clark, 1870.
- Warfield, Benjamin Breckinridge. The Plan of Salvation: Five Lectures Delivered at the Princeton Summer School of Theology, June, 1914. Philadelphia, Pa: Presbyterian Board of Publication, 1915.
- Clayton, George. Angelology Remarks & Reflections Touching the Agency & Ministration of Holy Angels. N.Y.: H. Kernot, 1851.
- Saunders, Richard. Angelographia Sive Pneumata Leiturgika [Sic] Pneumatologia Or, a Discourse of Angels: Their Nature and Office, or Ministry. Wherein Is Shewed What Excellent Creatures They Are, and That They Are the Prime Instruments of God’s Providence, and Are Imploy’d About Kingdoms, and Churches, and Single Persons, and That Under Jesus Christ, Who Is the Head of Angels As Well As Men, and by Whose Procurement Angels Are Ministring Spirits for Sinful Men. Also Something Touching Devils and Apparitions, and Impulses. With A Practical Improvement of the Particulars Handled, and of the Whole Doctrine of Angels, Especially for the Promoting of an Angelical Life. Here Such Speculations As Some Would Seem Wise in, Above What Is Written, Are Declined: And Such Things Only Are Handled As the Holy Scriptures Give Us Light in, and Have Been Taught by Sober Divines. London: Printed for Thomas Parkhurst at the Bible and Three Crowns in Cheapside, near Mercers-Chappel, 1701.
- Peters, George Nathaniel Henry. The Theocratic Kingdom of Our Lord Jesus, the Christ, As Covenanted in the Old Testament and Presented in the New Testament. New York: Funk & Wagnalls, 1884.