Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Learn how library services have changed in response to COVID-19.
How do I renew my books online?
1. On the following page, you will see this screen requesting a username and password to access your library account.
2. To sign-in to your library account, use these login credentials:
- username: Last name, First name (example: Doe, John)
- password: br plus the last five digits on the back of your student or fac/staff ID card. (example: br12345)
Community Patrons: Your password will be br plus the 14 digit barcode on your red library card.
3. You will be taken to the following page that shows you how many items you have checked out.
4. Select the items you would like to renew, then click Renew Marked.
Access Your Library Account Here
Students: Books can be renewed 2 times. DVDs have no renewals.
Faculty/Staff: Books can be renewed once. DVDs can be renewed 2 times.
Community Patrons: Books can be renewed 2 times. DVDs have no renewals.
Renewals are dependent on the lending library's loan rules. To request a renewal, email the ILL account (email@example.com) 3 days before the due date with your book title and requested length of renewal. You will receive an email letting you know if your renewal request was approved or denied by the lending library.
- Books: $0.10/day
- DVDs: $1.00/day
- ILLs: $1.00/day
Patrons with $3.00 or more in fines or items 3 weeks or more overdue will be blocked from checking out any items until the fines are paid and/or the items are returned.
Fines can only be paid at the library front desk. The library can only accept cash or check payments.
Renewal periods in all cases are the same as the initial loan period (2 weeks for books).
Items are subject to recall by the library after the minimum use period if there is a pressing need.